Teacher – Darwin, Northern Territory – fixed term (12 months)
SEDA is a senior secondary program designed to engage, educate and empower young people as they transition from school to employment or further education. SEDA achieves quality learning outcomes by tapping into students’ interests and building a curriculum that is hands on and embedded in an industry that they are passionate about. This results in mature, resilient and capable young men and women who on completing their secondary education are empowered with a range of pathway choices, be it further education or employment pathways.
SEDA NT is currently seeking a passionate and energetic teacher to facilitate, train and assess students in the Sport Development Program within the local community. This role is for a fixed term of 12 months at this stage, with commencement in 2018.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Delivery of curriculum and assessment material for NTCET and VET courses;
- Maintaining all assessment and reporting documentation for NTCET and VET courses including records/reports for all participants;
- Monitor progress and promote opportunities for students to develop their pathway preparedness through their individual development plan (MyPlan);
- Developing and maintaining partnerships with key stakeholders (including parents, students, local community, employers and local government);
- Implementing and supporting the relevant State Sporting Association’s strategic plan; and
- Facilitating continuous improvement across all aspects of the role.
Position Requirements include:
- Teacher Registration – Northern Territory Registration;
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment TAE40110 oe TAE 40116 (required or willing to obtain);
- Current Driver’s Licence;
- Current First Aid qualification (including CPR and Anaphylaxis Training);
- Working With Childrens Check (WWCC)
- Experience in playing and coaching sport;
- Well-developed verbal communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong written communication skills; and
- Strong organisational, planning and time management skills with an ability to prioritise and manage workload, meet deadlines and adapt to changing circumstances
You will be joining a vibrant organisation with a focus on people, quality and outcomes in a role that will be challenging, autonomous and enormously rewarding.
Applicants are required to submit a covering letter, current resume and statement addressing the key selection criteria outlined in the Position Description or by emailing Adam Heard, State Manager, NT on: AdamH@sedagroup.com.au
To apply in strict confidence, please send your application to: email@example.com
Enquiries can be directed to Adam Heard, State Manager, on 0427 169 518
Appointment of the successful applicant will be made subject to satisfactory evidence of qualifications and teaching registration.Position description
Applications close: 5pm Monday 2nd October 2017